Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wall of Shame

Today I was bouncing around the interwebs reading various articles when I came across one that made me a bit blah.  Since this is my blog and I can use it however I wish, I decided to share this with the rest of you.

I don't know if any of you have head of the rapper "Trick Trick." But probably not. Anyway, he gave an interview about his upcoming album and decided he'd go on record about gay people buying it. (Not that any of us would anyway, but heres what he had to say.)

“I’ma go on the record right now with this. Homosexuals are probably not gonna like this album. Fa**ots hate me and I don’t give a f**k. I don’t want your fa**ot money any goddam way. I don’t like it. Carry that shit somewhere else.… It’s just that every time that you turn on the the TV, that sissy s**t is on. And they act like it’s f***ing okay. The world is changing for the worst when s**t like that happen. And I address that issue. I address it hard as hell…"

And if that wasn't enough he continued to say:

“I wish people would learn to be more respectful of themselves and those around them. Pay more attention to God because all His attention is on you. If you want respect from me just be respectful. If you respect yourself you’ll respect everything around you. You gotta be respectful. Because, once a person respect themselves they’ll respect others. And when you respect others you’ll get that respect back. If more people in this world would learn to respect themselves and how to respect other people we wouldn’t have as many problems as we do now.”

I think that these two quotes contradict each other, don't you? The sad part is that, if you're a fan of rap (and I'm not anyway), this album could have held some promise, especially since it features collaborations with some big-name rappers who already have established careers. ( Eminem, Ice Cube, Kid Rock, Proof, Esham, Dr. Dre , Guilty Simpson, and Royce Da 5’9)

Anyway, I'll end my rant about this idiot here. Check back soon for a happier post that includes some good news.

No comments: