Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Giga Pet and Furby




Every year at my Elementary School we would get a visit from Santa around Christmas time. He would bring gifts for all the students, our parents would also come and it would just be a really fun day. When I was in the third grade Santa brought along Giga Pets and Basketballs for the students. All of the girls were getting Giga Pets and all of the boys were getting basketballs. Lets just start by talking about how unfair that was. Girls were getting this very cool electronic pet, boys were getting this stupid inflatable piece of rubber. Anyway, It was my turn to see Santa. I walked my little third grade self up there and was BEYOND excited when Santa handed me a Giga Pet instead of a basketball!

My excitement lasted all of four seconds. Santa took the Giga Pet back and said "He doesn't want this, get him a ball" to his stupid Elf. The Elf then traded me the ball for the pet. I was pissed. I hated Santa and I hoped he died.

My disappointment followed me back to our classroom. When we got back to the room I noticed that this other girl, Kendra, was sitting at her desk frowning at her Giga Pet. So I went over and just casually asked her what was up. She told me that she didn't like the Giga Pet and that she wanted the basketball. We proceeded to trade toys. It was one of the most awesome things anyone has EVER done for me. The Giga Pet that I got was the cat (Compu Kitty). That electronic cat brought me hours and hours of enjoyment. I gave it baths and cleaned up its poop, and I fed it. It was so fun! My mom even got addicted to it and would 'baby sit' it for me sometimes.



I had that thing for the longest time. I'm not sure what happened to it, but it is still one of my all time favorite toys.

My second favorite toy as a kid was the Furby!



I don't remember how old I was when I got my first Furby. I do remember that I got it the same year that I got my gameboy color. (Which is another story all together.)
I ended up getting two furbys. My mom bought me the one thats pictured above, and I liked it so much she got me a second one for my birthday. (I couldn't find a picture of it, but It was white with a few brighter colors included. I can't really explain it.) I had so much fun with them, teaching them to talk. I'd put them by my bed at night time and wouldn't let myself fall asleep until they did. (Their snore was so cute!)

Anyway, these were two of my favorite toys and I have a lot of good memories when I think about them!

No comments: