Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Exercise. Yeah.

So recently Marshall opened this brand-spankin-new recreation center and forced all it's full time students to pay a fee to use it, whether they wanted to or not. At first this pissed me off, I am not the type of person who pays to use a gym (Especially not 300 dollars, which is what they made us pay) and I didn't really want to go.

Anyway, it finally opened this month and me and bunch of my friends decided that we'd check it out, since we'd paid for it and everything. This place is really nice. It's got a pool, tons of exercise equipment, a huge gymnasium for basketball and stuff, and a three lane walking track on the top floor that overlooks it all.

We started going on Monday and have been trying to go twice a day. It turns out that we actually enjoy it. It's sucky at times, and my legs now hate me, but I think I'm on my way to being healthier. I enjoy the treadmill and the elliptical thingy, and even the stupid little bikes that go nowhere. I even jogged around the track today. The amazing part of all this, for me anyway, is that I've been having fun doing it! Mostly I listen to my MP3 player when I work out (Lady Gaga is seriously good power walking music.) but each treadmill/stair climber has its own personal flat screen television that you can watch while you torture yourself (work out, whatever you wanna call it).

Anyway, I need to go buy a scale so I can weigh myself weekly to see if all this exercise/dieting is actually helping.

That's about all I have to say this morning. Now I must go get started on a reading assignment thats due on Monday.

Toodles!
<3 Mikey

No comments: