Monday, February 16, 2009

Lady GaGa

Ok so, up until this week I did not like Lady Gaga. Then I saw the video for her song 'Love Game' and I changed my mind. Now, the video itself I take some issues with, but they're all just me being picky so I won't mention them. The song however, I loved. The first line "Lets have some fun, this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick." caught my attention and the rest of the song kept it.

After I heard the song and watched the video I decided to check out the rest of her music. I had heard "Just Dance" "Poker Face" and "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" before. I liked Just Dance and Eh Eh, but hated Poker Face.

Now, I've heard the whole CD and I must admit that I really enjoy the whole thing. I also now LOVE Poker Face. I'm really bored so I'm going to give you a rundown on my opinions about the CD and Gaga now.

Track 1: Just Dance

This song is amazing. It actually makes you want to do what the title suggests: Dance. When I hear it I want to shake my groove thing, and I usually do. This is a perfect pop song. (Lets remember that everything I say is my own opinion btw)

Track 2: Lovegame

LOVE IT! That's all I'm going to say since I talked about it up there ^.

Track 3: Paparazzi

I also love this one. She sounds great in it and I just want to sing along.

Track 4: Poker Face

I used to hate it, now I love it. I can't help but sing along (especially with the mah mah mahs and the p-p-p-poker face parts.)

Track 5: Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)

I like this song too. Not sure what else to say about it. It's not remarkable, but it's enjoyable.

Track 6: Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

So far I don't like this song much. I don't know and can't explain why, but It just hasn't caught on with me. Maybe it will some day.

Track 7: The Fame

My second favorite song on the whole album. It's really fun and I love it!

Track 8: Money Honey

This is another one that I don't like. Not sure why, just don't like it.

Track 9: Starstruck

I really like this one too. Yay for good music.

Track 10: Boys Boys Boys

This is my favorite track on the CD. I feel like this song should be on the soundtrack of my life. I love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Track 11: Paper Gangsta

This one is ok. It's not great, don't love it, but don't dislike it.

Track 12: Brown Eyes

I like this one. It's a more ballady song, but I like it anyway.

Track 13: I Like it Rough

This is another one that I don't love, but don't hate either. Take it or leave it.

Track 14: Summerboy

Love this one too! I just like what shes singing about, and it makes me smile.


Now, all of that being said. I'm still not sure I like Gaga the performer. Her hair is weird, I don't like her outfits 90% of the time. It seems like she's trying too hard to be different to me when she's really exactly the same typical pop singer that we all know and love.

So yeah, I can't make up my mind if I love her or not, but I do a love a lot of her music and that's enough for me.

No comments: