Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars

Ok so Slumdog Millionaire cleaned up at the Oscars. It's very cool. Those kids who were in the movie were SO cute.

That being said I'm going to talk about the parts of the Oscars that I LOVED.

First of all, having past winners present the awards for Best Supporting Actress and Actor and best Lead Actress and Actor was AMAZING. Best Idea ever I think.

The opening with Hugh Jackman was AWESOME. Loved it. The part with Anne Hathaway was cute! Also the musical number with Beyonce and Hugh, Zac Effron, Vanessa Hudgens, Amanda S. and Dominic Cooper was a lot of fun. I liked when Queen L sang over the in memory thing. Robert Pattinson spoke and presented, that was cool.

It's sad that when they were showing Mickey Rourke as a nominee for best actor I couldn't focus because R Patz was behind him!

When Dustin Lance Black won for Best Original Screenplay I was like YES! Not only is he cute, he's gay. He wrote the screenplay for "Milk". I really liked his speech. Some highlights of that speech include:



"...to all of the gay and lesbian kids who are out there tonight who have been told that they are less than by their churches, or by the government, or by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful, creatures of value and that no matter what anyone tells you god does love you..."



I was SO glad when Kate Winslett won for Lead Actress. I loved all the other nominees but I was really hoping Kate would win, and she did. Her speech was AWESOME! I laughed and I got a little teary. Good job Kate!

I was glad a lot tonight. Sean Penn won for Lead Actor for Milk and gave a very wonderful speech. I don't remember any of it word for word, but there will be a video as soon as one becomes avaliable on YouTube.



Well there ya have it, the best parts of the Oscars in my opinion. The middle portion went a bit slow, but that usually happens. I also loved the skit things that Tina Faye and Steve Martin and James Franco and Seth Brogan did, those were hilarious!

Mikey

(Many videos will be added as soon as I find them on YouTube, so check back!)

No comments: